“Two issues that stand out from the leap have been the load and its ribbed physique, which assist transfer water and enhance casting capacity.” – Josh Douglas, BioSpawn and Bassmaster Elite Collection Professional.
We sat down with BioSpawn Professional, Josh Douglas to get the within scoop on the all-new BioSpawn ExoNed, a 3″ tender plastic tender bait designed to be fished on a standard ned rig jig, just like the Outcast Good Ned Head. As a ned rig fishing aficionado, we touched base with Josh to get his ideas on the brand new BioSpawn ExoNed.
“It also has a pleasant tail kick and physique shimmy much like the ExoStick, which I believe it’s tied to the Exobody design. Ned rigs have virtually fully taken over the tube class for me, I can energy fish with them or use the basic finesse methods to catch bass in all places within the nation.” – Josh mentioned.
1) As a northern angler – what excites you concerning the BioSpawn ExoNed?
2) What ExoNed colours do you intend on fishing with essentially the most usually?
Inexperienced pumpkin, espresso craw, and goby smoke. The basic inexperienced pumpkin is my go-to day by day and I’ll change to the goby for the nice lakes fishing. The espresso craw is cash the place I dwell on Mille Lacs as a result of it completely resembles the colours of crawfish on the massive lake. Clearly, the white is a killer mattress fishing bait.
3) What’s the main distinction between largemouth and smallmouth fishing with ned rigs?
Smallmouth – All day day by day, excellent smallmouth bait
Largemouth – stress lakes, powerful fishing circumstances, trying to fill a restrict or get bites
The ExoNed is a real multi-species killer for bass, and up north the place I’m at, the walleyes find it irresistible too. Utilizing one rig in a number of methods is what makes it so particular. You’ll be able to fish it the basic manner, by utilizing mild line and finesse actions and methods, or energy fish them by upsizing your gear.
4) How are you fishing it most frequently? And what’s one juicy trick that you just do with it that the majority guys don’t?
Don’t be afraid to energy fish it. Many individuals consider it solely as a finesse bait, but it surely’s actually not. Tie a braided line to a 10-lb fluorocarbon chief on a medium spinning rod and begin energy fishing with the ExoNed. Don’t solely use it as a finesse bait.
5) What are you pairing the brand new ExoNed with? Jig head, rod size, weight, line?
I exploit the Outcast Sort out Good Ned Head ( ⅛-¼) on a 7-foot medium spinning rod with an 8-12 fluorocarbon chief.
- Choosing between a 7.5L and 9L: A Comprehensive Guide to Selecting Your Ideal Capacity - March 28, 2023
- Ideal Length of Trout Leader: A Guide for Anglers - March 20, 2023
- The Benefits of Using a 7 Weight Fly Rod for Salmon Fishing - March 20, 2023